Annual Club Weekend 29th/30th April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Club Weekend 29th/30th April 2017

The annual Club Weekend will be held on 29th/30th of April this year. Running in a different format this year, the weekend will not be based around formal coaching sessions, but will take the form of organised social paddles designed to get people out & paddling after the winter. Dependent on numbers of participants, trips may be split to cater for beginners and more experienced paddlers on different routes. Although there is no formal coaching planned, it is not impossible that some appropriate learning incidents will occur along the way........

There will also be a BBQ on the Saturday night.

Locations for trips have still to be finalised, but are likely to be in the vicinity of Oban.

Details will be posted on the forum as soon as they are available.

Rhod

We have now started to put some bones on the plans for the club weekend

Saturday , a shorter paddle or coaching session possibly based around Ganavan but followed by a club social with some supper , drinks and chat

Sunday , round Kerrera , starting ( and finishing ) at Ganavan we aim to circumnavigate Kerrera with some chat , coaching and encouragement as we go.

What we need now is some indication of interest , we won't hold you to your answer but are you planning to join us , for Saturday , for Sunday or for both

Replies here please

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, Iain and I are hoping to make any paddling on the Saturday, including the supper. Likely have to work on the Sunday, but will let you know if that changes. Sound fun.

Comment

• Ann R
        Ann R commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Dave, I've got both days off now, so assuming it's okay Iain and I will do both days paddle, and the Saturday food. We've got our own kit. Thanks.

Hi, I am planning to attend both Saturday and Sunday, provided I can hire a club kayak with paddle and apron. I have a buoyancy aid.
      please let me know if you have a kayak I can use. I'm at beginner level, having attended the November sessions in the pool, and 2 March sea kayak rescue sessions. Look forward to it!
      gitte

Comment

Caroline and I won't be there. Enjoy yourselves.

Comment

I'm in - both days

Comment

Hi id like to join in with the Saturday paddle. I have my own kayak and am a beginner..

Comment

Hi I'd like to take part both days, including the supper please. (subject to my now non-broken shoulder still working on the Sunday).

Comment

Hi ...I would like to put my name forward for the event 29th/ 30th april for both days .Including the BBQ

Comment

Update for the weekend , plans are still flexible for the Saturday paddle but Dunstaffnage Bay looks like plan A , good sheltered site to get folks on the water with options of the tidal streams around the island off the Bay or a journey around Tralee bay . Rosie and Rhod will be on hand to coach and guide .

The evening social is going to be chez Bleazard in North Connel and we will be asking everyone to bring a little for the table . Location directions and food requests nearer the time. ( I was asking around to see if anyone has a portable BBQ they could bring , let me know if you have ) . Non paddling partners are welcome to join us.

Sunday, weather permitting will be round Kerrera starting from Ganavan meeting at 10:00am .

It looks like we have about 13 for Saturday and 12 for Sunday , if you haven't let me know that you are planning to come then now would be good.

Gitte , we will organise boat , paddle and spraydeck for you.

Alex , do you need any kit provided ?

Remember to bring lunch for both days and bring some spare clothing to go in your boat in a dry bag as well as a change of clothes for afterwards.
                  If in doubt as to what to bring then please ask , my phone numbers are 01631 710801 home and 07814 533688

Looking forward to it

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave
                    I am interested in both Saturday and Sunday for the club weekend, weather permitting. I am not available ;until 10.30a.m. on Saturday.
                    Liz Parkes

Comment

Hi Dave,
                      i should be there for the Sunday paddle.
                      Phil Sykes

Comment

Hi id like to join in with saturday..do you have approximate times so i can arrange childcare. Thankyou

Comment

Jo

Probably late morning about 11:00am ish

Dave

Comment

Many thanks for organising kayak etc for me. Can I help get equipment ready, or do I just turn up at Dunstaffnage bay (or wherever final meeting point is)?
                            Gitte

Comment

Working...
                            X