No announcement yet.

Annual Club Weekend 29th/30th April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dave, just to confirm our earlier telephone conversation. I'm planning on coming on Saturday. I'll see how that goes and then make a decision about Sunday. Unfortunately I wont make the social. I have all my own kit.

alasdair

Comment

Final arrangements for the weekend

Meeting arrangements for paddling

Saturday Dunstaffnage Castle carpark 11:00am
      Sunday Ganavan 10:00am ( bring money for parking meter )
      The weather forecast is interesting enough to anticipate some changes of plans so please wait until the coaches arrive and finalise plans before taking boats off cars.

Bring with you
      Packed lunch and hot drinks both days
      Spare clothing in case of any unexpected gravitational issues and dry clothing for the end of the day
      Warm kit , the temperatures aren’t forecast to be high
      Sense of humour and patience
      If in doubt , bring it with you

So far I have a hire boat , paddle and spraydeck for Gitte but am assuming everyone else comes with their own stuff

It does look like the weather will affect our plans so there will be some adjustments going on as the days unfold and we will probably do more formal coaching than we were originally planning and things we might cover will be towing , turning in the wind and skeg use , what to carry on a day paddle , tides and their effects , rescue practise. If there is anything you would like to cover then chat to the coaches on the day.

Saturday evening social will be at June and Dave’s at Westerlea , Etive Park , North Connel

June will be there from late afternoon onwards and the kettle will be on and then we will serve food at 6:30pm

To get there head north over Connel bridge and take the first left. Etive Park in the first left but the parking inside the estate is tight so please park out by the bus stop ( obviously leaving space for the bus to get round ) and walk into Etive Park. Ignore the first right turn , turn next right alongside the grass circle and we are the back right hand house .

June is putting on a chilli and pitta bread but if others could bring some extras for the table that would be great , modest quantities please . Options might be dips and doritos , salads, crisps , cake or biscuits and maybe some cheese.
      We will have the teapot and coffee on the go so if you want a beer or wine then bring your own

Names so far

Saturday
      Leaders : Leonie, Rosie , Rhod and Stuart
      Students : Ann R , Iain , Gitte , Geoff , Jo Heritage , Lesley , Alex Wilke , David Nicol, Al Duff , Robin Russell

Sunday
      Leaders : Dave , Rhod , Rosie , Jake , Stuart
      Students ; June , Gitte , Geoff , Lesley , Alex , David , Robin , Al and Phil Sykes

If your name isn't there and you plan to come then drop me a line

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Weekend outings were amazing! Many thanks. Can Jake please let me know what I owe the club for use of kayak, and I'll make a transfer to the club account.
        regards
        gitte

Comment

Working...
        X