X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter 17/18 pool sessions

The pool is now booked ready for this winter and the sessions are

Tuesday 8:45 til 9:45
    These will be our coaching sessions in 4 week blocks and we are planning to run courses to include sea boat rescues , rolling ( at any level , there's no such thing as a bombproof roll ) and some beginners courses
    Costs will be £30 for a 4 week block

The courses will be advertised on the forum

Wednesday 8:30 til 9:30
    Our open sessions , usually there will be someone on pool side who can offer some information and advice but a chance to get on the water and have a mess around or a practise. We will have 1 sea boat available if there is space but primarily using either the river boats at Atlantis or bring your own. No need for booking
    Cost £5 for members , £7 for non members

Dave

David I would like to register my interest in the Beginners pool course. Is it too early to book a place?

Comment

Judy

No problem , I will save you a space, What previous kayaking experience have you had ?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

• Judyoyster
        Judyoyster commented
        Editing a comment
        No experience David apart from the odd French river canoe hire.

What do I have to wear? Is it as you said before , swimsuit shorts and teashirt?

Do we meet in foyer or shall I change and come through to pool?

Judy

Dave, I am interested in attending the rolling sessions, how do I book please?

Jacqui

Comment

Jacqui

I shall start advertising the December course in a week or two on the forum so post on that thread to remind me and to check for the details but I shall save you a space.

What rolling experience have you had before ? or do you come into this for the first time ?

Dave

Comment

• Jamiuni
          Jamiuni commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Dave, i have tried various rolling methods and never been successful once paddle float removed :-(. Best attempts appear to be with screw roll - i think it is. I been gradually working up to rolling initially being very scared of getting trapped - over that now having fallen out more times than necessary, but still get disorientated and confused when upside down LOL. Will be travelling up from Lochgilphead so hopefully be with Stephen D and maybe Rhod if he travels up for any sessions - if we can manage car shares.

Jacqui

You are welcome to come up any time until Christmas , November has people practising rescues and rolling and December will be rolling practise so whenever it suits you to car share. Best to have a few weeks straight run at it rather than every other week though

Dave

Comment

• Jamiuni
          Jamiuni commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dave, I have the four weeks free from end of November so will plan for that and if I can get earlier contact you to check space. My other half has also said he would like to come and practice his roll on the other side too, so that would make two of us, three if Stephen D comes along too. jacqui

• Jamiuni
          Jamiuni commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave, Mark and I are planning to be up on Tuesday to practice/try to roll. Anything particular we need to bring? Assume you have boats/paddles and we bring buoyancy aids etc? See you there Jacqui

Hi Im sorry I cant make it tonight, I will be there next week. Thank you Jo

Comment

Originally posted by jo heritage View Post
          Hi Im sorry I cant make it tonight, I will be there next week. Thank you Jo
          Cool, so it's only a matter of time.
          Last edited by Murray; 14th November 2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X