• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 24/25 2019 - corryvrecken - overnight camping

Spaces a-plenty

AUGUST 24/25 2019 - CORRYVRECKEN - OVERNIGHT CAMPING

THE IDEA HERE IS:

1) To give the folk that haven't got a 40K day in their tank the opportunity to split the journey into two lots of approximately 20K by camping overnight on Scarba in the Corryvrekan Gulf.

2) To give anyone who has not camped out of their boat the chance to do so.

This is the only NEAPS weekend I can find that does not clash with whatever else I've got on. It's obviously not for beginners and it's weather dependent. This means it will be cancelled at short notice if conditions are not, at the very least, good over the weekend including the following Monday. You can't just show up on the day you'll have to let me know if you intend to come along, sorry.

Rough Plan: Sat 24th - Arrive Ellenabeich, pack boats, paddle south to Scarba campsite, camp overnight. Sun 25th - Break camp, pack boats, paddle through Gulf of Corryvreckan, turn right, paddle north back to Ellenabeich. This is still a peer group/like mind folk paddle guys but it'll be more about the paddling and camping skills than the socializing. If we are going to keep it safe we've got to be tight when it come to the planning, paddling and execution. If people feel it would be good to get together one evening before the trip to make sure we are all singing from the same song sheet that's fine with me.

Where is it? In all honesty .... If you don't know where it is and you cannot find out for yourselves ..... Give it a miss, get a little more experience and come along next year

Thanks everyone

Colin
Working...
X