Round Gigha weekend trip 21st 22nd September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Gigha weekend trip 21st 22nd September

With apologies to those waiting for us to announce a 2019 Fidden camping trip , our work situation has changed and we can't afford a 4 day trip away.

So instead we are proposing a weekend camping trip , plan A a circumnavigation of Gigha with a Saturday night wild camp.

Meeting at the car park at the ferry port Sat morning then taking 2 days to paddle across the Sound and round Gigha.

If you are interested then let me know and I will give a honest opinion of whether it's suitable for you.

If you have never camped out of your kayak before then we have some spare kit and can help.

If the weather forecast is poor then other options become available

Dave
    07814 533688

I'll need to check dates and get back to you
    Rosie

Comment

Hi Dave

Count me in please.

Colin

Comment

Sounds great! Jim.

Comment

So I'm starting to watch a weather forecast for the Gigha weekend and had a look at the tides. I will post further at the beginning of the week but initial plan is to meet at Tayinloan at 10:00am on Saturday morning to load up boats and be on the water for about 11:00am . We are planning to paddle about 40Km over the weekend and I will take a disposable bbq for the evening dinner.

Names I have so far are Rosie , Tim , Colin and Leigh , others welcome please let me know

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Er, I'd messaged you and said I probably couldn't make it, but still not confirmed either way - sprogs

Comment

Thanks Rosie , I got messages from a few folks so was fishing a bit. Hope you can make it though.

Dave

Comment

Should have been a Jim in that list. Maybe I turned in to a Tim.

Comment

Jim , you're right you became a typo sorry but yes I'm expecting your company

Dave

Comment

And I forgot to include Rachel onto the list so we now have

Dave and June , Colin , Tim , Leigh , Rachel , Lesley and possibly Rosie

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X