Falls of Lora session Thursday May 3rd - Turbine presentation afterwards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falls of Lora session Thursday May 3rd - Turbine presentation afterwards

The Falls of Lora flood tide is good fun in a sea kayak and a great way to challenge your skills. This tide is big but not huge. Suitable for people who's roll works quite often and who have already crossed a few eddy lines. Coaching provided. Maximum 4 people. Meet 16:00 or earlier if you can make it. Finish 18:00. I realise this is probably too early for most people but that's just the way the tides are. Helmets are appropriate. I have a few spares. Afterwards at 18:30 there is a presentation in the Victory Hall at Benderloch about the experimental turbine that has been moored in Connel Sound since last October. Should be interesting. For those who haven't any previous experience of dealing with strong currents I'll run an "introduction to moving seawater" later in the year on a gentler tide. Please let me know if anyone would like to join the Thursday session.

Tony, I’d like to join you please. I can make it earlier. Have own helmet.
    Tim Clarke

Comment

Tim. Good. At the moment, looks like 3 of us, might be 4. Let's meet 15:30 at the Fall of Lora viewpoint carpark. That's on the south side of the sound, just across the road from the Oyster Inn pub/restaurant.

Comment

Hi Tony
        I'd like to join you if there is still a space?
        I would need to borrow a helmet.
        Thanks
        Simon

Comment

Yes, it would be great if you could join us. That makes me + 3. No problem with the helmet. Can you make 15:30?

Comment

Yes, see you at 15:30 opposite the Gluepot.

Comment

Hi Folks. I am really very sorry, something has cropped up and I'm going to have to cancel Thursday's session. Humblest apologies for any inconvenience. I'll figure out an alternative date as soon as I can and re- post. Very sorry to let you down.

Comment

Hi again. How about on the evenings the 16th and 17th? Big tides. Good from 17:00. please let me know if you can make it and which date suits you best and then I'll re-post to all.

Comment

Hi Tony
                  16 or 17 both good for me.

Comment

Hi Tony
                    16 17 May? Both good, prefer 17th.
                    Cheers
                    Tim

Comment

Hi Tony,

I'm keen for this, should be able to make the 16th and 17th of May, either is fine if its 5pm onwards.

I've got my own helmet, but I would need to borrow a sea boat and paddle, is that possible?

Cheers,
                      Joe M

Comment

Hi Folks. sorry about the long silence, been over run with stuff - let's do 17th then - Thursday/Tomorrow. Flood tide starts 16:45 and peaks at 19:50. Suggest that we meet at the Falls of Lora Viewpoint car park (in front of the Oyster Inn) at 17:30. If anyone wants to come later, let me know. Kayaks are available if anyone needs one. Please confirm if your coming. You can call or text me on 07881 915936

Comment

I should add that it's going to be quite big (but not maximum) so you'll need plenty of energy and some experience of moving water. Definitely not an evening for "intro"

Comment

Hi Tony.
                            See you at 5.30
                            Thanks
                            Tim

Comment

Hi Tony,

I'm still keen! I'll need to borrow a boat.

Thanks,
                              Joe M

Comment

Working...
                              X