Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORRYVRECKAN - SUNDAY MAY 20th 2018

CORRYVRECKAN - SUNDAY MAY 20th 2018

Quick note - I find it easier to work in kilometers guys, please forgive my nautical ignorance.

That said my piece of string has this trip measuring at 40 kilometers. Even in perfect conditions, in my book, a single day journey of this distance is an advanced trip . Think carefully and be honest with yourself before committing. If you have yet to paddle more than 30k in a single day you may well struggle toward the end of a journey this long. A very late finish is not a problem for me if this helps and at this time of year we do have daylight on our side. If you're not sure, get in touch.

Start/Finish - Ellenabeich Harbour, Isle of Seil.

Timings:

Start - On the water, ready to paddle, no later than 09:30hrs. Honest! Tidal paddle, time sensitive.... If you are not on the water at 09:30, we'll leave you behind - Sorry!

Finish - Late! - Even working at a group paddling speed of 6k/hour, we're looking at a journeying time of 6 hrs & 40 mins. Add on an hour for lunch and around forty minutes for comfort stops and refueling as we go, makes for an 8 hour plus trip. We'll paddle to make the tides work for us but it's too early at the moment to say anything reliable regarding the weather.

Plan B:

If the weather does not allow for the Corryvreckan there's still plenty to do in the area. I'll track the weather throughout the remainder of the week and update Thursday evening. The BBC weather app works well for me and I use Cullipool as my standard location for a Corryvreckan trip.

Leave a message on the forum.

Mobile phone: 07919 808 985.

email - Hmmmmmm! Best to text me, I don't check my email

Thanks Guys

Colin

Hi Guys

BBC Weather Cullipool - Sunday (https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2651746)

Rain all day - Wind SSE F3/4.

I'm going to drive down and have a look see on Sunday anyway. If the forecast does not change the Corryvreckan will not be a fun paddle but there may be something else that will go from Ellenabeich or Kayakers Cove. Let me know if you fancy getting wet.

Cheers

Colin

Comment

Working...
    X