Craggy Island Tri 6th and 7th October

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craggy Island Tri 6th and 7th October

The club benefits financially from providing the kayak cover for the Craggy Island tri and we need 8 to 12 paddlers to help out each day.

The race start times are approx 11:00am both days so we need to be launching 9:30am to be ready for our briefing about 10:30am ,competitors briefing 10:45am. On Sunday there will be a junior race starting about 12:15 on the Kerrera side of the sound which need some of us to stay around to help.

After we have covered the race we are welcome to go onto Kerrera and have a coffee and watch the race , cheer on those they know ( I'm doing the hill run section on Sunday ) but feel free to organise a wee peer paddle on either day. I'll put out a list of names for each day so that you can make contact.

So who is able to help ? From the previous thread I have offers of help from Stuart , John Howe and Alex , Jo Heritage and Niall .

Thanks

Dave

Myself for both days; Jake for Saturday only.

Rowland

Comment

Apologies, im off to Barra for first two weeks of October.
      Stuart

Comment

Myself and Lucy should be available for the Saturday. Probably not Sunday, but a possibility if we're stuck for numbers.

Comment

Available both days to assist if needed. As discussed, if you have enough people I am happy as Larry to not attend.
          Tim

Comment

Hi Dave

Add my name to the list, both days.

Colin

Comment

I can do sunday

Comment

• jo heritage
                jo heritage commented
                Editing a comment
                ive just realised im doing he swim on sunday,,,i can kayak on saturday if you need me

Hi Dave,
              I can help on the Saturday if you are short of bodies, I would need to borrow a boat though.

Jo

Comment

Further arrangements for the Craggy

We have permission to use Kilbowie for parking and launching of boats so we can park in the back carpark right round the centre and launch off the slip, There isn't a group in KIlbowie over the weekend so we are welcome to leave boats at the top of the slip if we want ( at our own risk )

The timings are confirmed as above 9:30am meeting at Kilbowie to launch , need to be down at the mainland side slipway by 10:30am for our briefing , competitor briefing 10:45am , race starts 11:am.

On Sunday there will also be a junior race which starts on the Kerrera side ( the juniors don't cross the sound they do a short swim around a couple of buoys ). Start time of 12:00 noon , doesn't need all of us but if 4 or 5 would hang around to help with that that would be good.

Names I have so far , looking OK ish for Sat , a couple more would be good for Sunday

Saturday John Howe and Alex , Rowland , Rhod , Lucy , Colin , Jo Hertitage , Dave , June

Sunday John Howe and Alex , Rowland , Jake , Colin , Dave , Trevor

Thanks

Dave

Comment

I can come along on Sunday - see you then.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Quick correction - you have Jake on the Sunday.. as previous post, that should be Saturday.

Rowland

Comment

Thanks Rowland , alteration noted

Thanks Niall see you on Sunday

Comment

Working...
                      X