JULY 12/13/14 2019 - PORT A BHAIGH, ALTANDHU/SUMMER ISLES - 6

AUGUST 9/10/11 2019 - SCOURIE, HANDA ISLAND - 7

AUGUST 24/25 2019 - CORRYVRECKEN - OVERNIGHT CAMPING - 3

Colin

Leave a comment:

• Tim Clarke
    replied
    Hi Colin.
    Caroline and would like to join the Summer Isles and Handa weekends please. (Decision on Corryvreckn nearer the time but a Caroline unlikely)
    Thanks for putting on the trips. Look forward to them.
    Tim and Caroline

Leave a comment:

• Stuart Nicolson
    replied
    These sound like brilliant trips, Colin , id like to join the Handa weekend please, i should be on family hols for the summer isles one and being soundly thrashed in kerrera race in August.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Bacon
    replied
    Hi Colin. I'd love to join in all of these. I'm assuming that by the time they come around I will have figured out a boat and transport! So much to look forward to :-)

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    Hi Guys

I've started a list for each trip
    I've put your names onto the appropriate list(s)
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• Rosie Fitzg
    replied
    Hi Colin, I'm on for the summer isles, and probably scourie.
    Rosie

Leave a comment:

• Ann R
    replied
    Hi Colin,

Can Iain and I book in for all 3 please. We haven't done the Corryvreckan before, but we have camped out our kayaks quite a few times.

Thank you. Ann & Iain.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    started a topic Diary dates

Diary dates

Hi

Three, 2019, weekend dates you may be interested in:

JULY 12/13/14 2019 - PORT A BHAIGH, ALTANDHU/SUMMER ISLES
    PORT A BHAIGH campsite looks out directly onto the Summers Isles, Isle Rissol is about a kilometers paddle across Loch an Alltain Duibh. There's a good pub just above the campsite, tidy toilets & showers. Peer group / like minded folk weekend with a view to being as much a social gathering as do or die paddling.

Rough Plan: Arrive Friday 12th. Paddle Sat 13th & Sun 14th. Single day journeys returning to campsite at the end of each day. One day out into Summer Isles. One day Rubhna Na Coigeach from Achnahaird Bay back to campsite.

Where is it? OS LANDRANGER SHEET 15 / GR - NB 989 124. More info at - http://www.portabhaigh.co.uk/

AUGUST 9/10/11 2019 - SCOURIE, HANDA ISLAND
    SCOURIE BAY campsite is located about 3K south east of Handa Island. There's a good pub 10 to 15 minutes walk from the campsite, toilets & showers. Peer group / like minded folk weekend with a view to being as much a social get gathering as do or die paddling. Handa Island has pretty spectacular cliffs along the north east side of the island, there is also a very good cafe at Tarbet that'll make for a great lunch stop before the shortish, 5/6K, paddle back to Scourie Bay.

Rough Plan: Arrive Friday 9th. Paddle Sat 10th & Sun 11th. Single day journeys returning to campsite at the end of each day. One day, Handa Island circumnavigation. One day, coastal paddle - south to Badcall Bay and Islands outwith, return to Scourie Bay. Peer group / like minded folk weekend with a view to being as much a social get gathering as do or die paddling.

Where is it? OS LANDRANGER SHEET 9 / GR - NC 153 447. More info at - www.scouriecampsitesutherland.com

AUGUST 24/25 2019 - CORRYVRECKEN - OVERNIGHT CAMPING
    THE IDEA HERE IS:

1) To give the folk that haven't got a 40K day in their tank the opportunity to split the journey into two lots of approximately 20K by camping overnight on Scarba in the Corryvrekan Gulf.

2) To give anyone who has not camped out of their boat the chance to do so.

This is the only NEAPS weekend I can find that does not clash with whatever else I've got on. It's obviously not for beginners and it's weather dependent. This means it will be cancelled at short notice if conditions are not, at the very least, good over the weekend including the following Monday. You can't just show up on the day you'll have to let me know if you intend to come along, sorry.

Rough Plan: Sat 24th - Arrive Ellenabeich, pack boats, paddle south to Scarba campsite, camp overnight. Sun 25th - Break camp, pack boats, paddle through Gulf of Corryvreckan, turn right, paddle north back to Ellenabeich. This is still a peer group/like mind folk paddle guys but it'll be more about the paddling and camping skills than the socializing. If we are going to keep it safe we've got to be tight when it come to the planning, paddling and execution. If people feel it would be good to get together one evening before the trip to make sure we are all singing from the same song sheet that's fine with me.

Where is it? In all honesty .... If you don't know where it is and you cannot find out for yourselves ..... Give it a miss, get a little more experience and come along next year .

That's it for the moment any questions, any probs, just get in touch.

Colin
    Last edited by Colin; 6th March 2019, 03:55 PM.
Working...
X