Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior session

Hi Everyone,
    As a few of you know, I have been toying with the idea of trying to run a junior session for the club. I've an 8 year old who is desperate to get in a boat but he can't cope with the late nights for the pool sessions.

My (very) rough plan is to have a couple of pool sessions on Saturday lunch time during May and then try and get a regular session going outside.

So... If you have kids who would be interested or have any useful ideas of how to go about this, please drop me a line.

Cheers

Jo

Hi Joanne,
    Do the parents need to be members? I know of someone who's child would definitely be up for this, but parents have no interest in kayaking, is that a problem. Also do you have an age range in mind, I assume you don't want them too young?
    Thanks
    Ann

Comment

Hi Ann,

For the first couple of pool sessions membership isn't really an issue. Going on from there then would probably ask them to get a family membership. This makes the paperwork much easier to manage than having a junior member ship. What we could possibly do, is to offer a reduced rate where is is only the kids who are kayaking. This hasn't really been discussed yet. I am also planning to ask that parents (or nominated other) are near at hand during the sessions, though not necessarily on the water.

I hadn't given too much though to age range yet. For the pool sessions, where there will be a bit of coaching, then 7ish upwards would probably be sensible but if a younger kid is super keen then we would try and find a way to make it work. My main priority is to get kids out in boats having fun!

Hope this makes sense!

Jo

Comment

Working...
      X